Donations to the Parent Resource Center
The PRC needs your help to keep our programs affordable for all families in our community. Contributions in any amount help! You can designate your gift be in honor of a friend, a new child or grandchild, a birthday; any person or event you want to celebrate.
One generous gift from you can make a world of difference:
- $25 Provides craft supplies for a Mommy & Me class
- $50 Supplies nutritious snacks for a Stepping Stones class
- $100 Sponsors a specialist teacher for our Stepping Stones program
- $150 Supports a Parent University program
- $265 Gives a low income child a scholarship to a semester of one of our classes
- $500 Enables us to offer a social worker-led support group
Make a tax-deductible gift now! Contributions to the PRC, a 501(c)(3) non-profit can be made by phone, mail, online or in person. Checks can be mailed to:
Parent Resource Center
232 Main Street, Suite 4
Port Washington, New York 11050
You can also help support our little ones by purchasing new class materials such as art supplies, gym equipment, story books and instruments from our Amazon Wish List! And don’t forget to support us when you’re shopping Amazon for your own needs! Set up AmazonSmile so that .5% of your eligible purchases will be donated back to the PRC. Feel good while you shop! Just search “Port Washington Parent Resource Center”
For more information or to make a contribution using a Visa or Mastercard, please call 516.767.3808 or email us at [email protected]
Donations for the Community
The PRC is happy to help you pass on your gently loved children’s items which are donated to our extremely grateful Outreach families. At the PRC, we take donations brought to our Main Office during business hours on the first Monday and Tuesday of every month only. Unfortunately, we do not have an ample amount of storage to take donations throughout the month.
When you donate, please use the rule of thumb – “Would I give this to my niece or nephew?” This means:
- Is the item clean and free of obvious stains?
- Does the item have all the parts needed to use/enjoy the item – including books having all of their pages?
- Should I wrap loose parts to make this item functional?
- Most importantly – will this item care for and/or bring joy to the child that receives it?
With those questions in mind, your subsequent cooperation with carefully grouping and packaging your items in advance of you giving us your donations is greatly needed and appreciated. In addition, the PRC is in need of new or used carseats to provide transportation for our Outreach families that participate in Stepping Stones.
The Parent Resource Center asks its members to think of us when they are out shopping. Donations of the following newly-purchased items below any time during the semester is always weclomed:
- Paper Towels
- Dish Detergent
- Antibacterial Hand Soap
- Baby Wipes
- Ziplock Bags – assorted sizes
- Small Plastic Cups
- Hot & Cold Cups
- Juice boxes
- Bottles of water
- Snack Foods: Pretzels, Graham Crackers, Goldfish, Lollipops, etc.
- Foot and shoe covers